Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Balancing Stones Sculpture Writing Project
~ FEBRUARY 2017 ~

Good Afternoon all Writers, Authors, Poets, aspiring authors, and those with literary interests participating in Our Balancing Stones Sculpture Writing Project.

We are back!

Here is where we left off -- We all placed the condensed word that we came up with from our individual Research that we did on our personal Stone 1 word on our Balancing Stones Sculpture print-out.  We placed the condensed word on our Stone 4.  I've taken the liberty to number the Stones in my Writing Project results for an example for everyone...
 
 
Next, we left off each doing further Research:
We did Research on the word written on our Stone 4.  For myself it was Research on my Stone 4 word, which is "Novels".  In my case, I was to come back with a short list of three genres that interest me from my Research Studies.
 
For you -- you should now have three areas (of your choice) about the word that you chose for your Stone 4.  You had the option of choosing your Research Studies for your Stone 4.  Remember, you are encouraged to share what you came up with here on the Blog.  (Don't be shy).
 
Here are the three genres that I came up with in relation to my Stone 4:
 
1)  Historical Fiction
2)  Drama
3)  Self Help Journal
 
REVIEW:  The object of this Writing Project is to encourage you to expand your mind with regard to your writing path using your own choices and a little Research -- which will lead you to self-discoveries.
 
Using myself as an example, I started out with my Stone 1 (Novelist).  Which in turn led me to Stone 2 (the year "1728").  The year 1728 is when the word, "Novelist" was first used in the English language.  After further Research on the specific year that my word on Stone 1 was first used, I then added Stone 3 (Opera) because I discovered in the year 1728 a certain Opera entitled, John Gay's, "The Beggar's Opera" first premiered in London.  I found that to be fascinating, primarily because I was not at all thinking in that direction when starting my Research.  Then after doing more Research on the word on my Stone 1, I came up with a condensed word for Stone 4 (Novels).  Novels is what I personally seek to Author.  Naturally, we know that a Novelist is an Author of Novels.  Remember, this is all about your personal writing interest(s). 

Now onward to where we are now:  Your three (3) Research choices?  What did you come up with?  What are the results?

I've listed my three results above -- 3 Genres for Novels:
1)  Historical Fiction
2)  Drama
3)  Self Help Journal
 
Add your Research to your trusty Notebook.  Question for you:  For the three areas that your Research led you to, which is the one that you are most drawn to? 

Your responses will be entirely different from mine.  That is why it would be fun to hear what you came up with, and to see your Balancing Stones Sculpture print-out with your four Stones.  Everyone will not have the same placement or words on their Stones as we continue with our Writing Project.  [If you have missed any of this Writing Project, you can just read the previous Blog posts to catch up].

When we come back, you will have narrowed your three research results down to one (1).  The area you are most drawn to.  Think about it overnight, and we'll all meet back here with our Balancing Stones Sculpture print-out.

 Peace, Love & Light,

René

© Copyright - René Allen - FEBRUARY 2017 - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment