Monday, April 3, 2017


APRIL 2017 ~ Wrap-Up in Process ~ Stone 9


We're back from our break, and many of our participants are on different time zones from all around the globe, so it may be early morning for some, afternoon for others, and evening for many of us.   Keep in mind that we have participants online and off line joining us in our Writing Project.

Above at the top of this Blog is the example of my personal diagram of my Stone choices and their placement on our Balancing Stones Sculpture.  You should have your print-out at hand, along with your Journal, and the answers to the previous six questions that were asked.

You were provided with a Help List of the writing genres in our last Session to help you with your Genre choice.  [Remember you can always scroll down to see previous Blog posts, or click on the links in the far right column].

Here are two burning questions for you:

1)  What was the writing genre that you chose?

2)  Which word on your Stones did you use the most
       in your full Journal page writing that you wrote 
       last?

My answer to those two questions is as follows...

1)  Writing Genre:  Self-Help Book

2)  word on Stones used the most:  Opera

How do we get to our Stone 9?

Consider the Writing Genre that you chose, and the word that you used the most.

PLEASE NOTE:  This Writing Project is intended to make you think outside of the box and to stretch yourself in relation to your Writing passion.  The FUN part is that you are about to come up with something that you did not expect.

Next, look up the definition of the word that you used the most in your full page Journal writing that we did last.

My example:  Operaa dramatic work in one or more acts, set to music for singers and instrumentalists.

Next step, take a look at your Writing Genre.

My example:  Self-Help Book

Now, merge those two items together.  How can you take the definition of your most used word and melt it into your Writing Genre?

My example:  I would write a Self-Help Book for Singers.

Your merging process will fall in line with your personality.

How so you ask?

Well, naturally you will pull out parts of you to fit the direction in which you aspire to head in.

Using my answers as an example, I have never been to an opera, and I've never felt a passion for following operas, but that is not to say that I would not do so.  I've seen bits and pieces of operas on the telly.  What I found out in writing my full Journal page is that I used the word "opera" five times.  When looking at the definition, I made a note of the fact that an opera is a dramatic work set to music for singers and instrumentalists.

Now while I could have gravitated to the "dramatic work" portion of the definition of "opera", because the Novels I have written have had plenty of drama in them and my Genre is normally Historical Fiction; or I could have gravitated to the "music" portion of the definition of "opera, because I love music -- I gravitated more to what jumped out at me the strongest, which was the word -- "singers", because I am a singer.

After you have merged the definition of your most used word into your Writing Genre, you will come away with one word that will jump out at you -- that word is your Stone 9.  For me that word is "singers".

The FUN part of our Writing Project is that it should have made you "think" about your Writing and your active participation in paying attention to where your writing leads you.

Hopefully this Writing Project has made you take a look at a writing genre that you may want to put your hand to.

You are now ready to place your word on your Stone 9, which should be the last Stone left on your Balancing Stones Sculpture diagram.  (For those who fully participated you only have one Stone left).

Here is how my completed Balancing Stones Sculpture looks . . .


Your Balancing Stones Sculpture diagram is now ready to be framed!
__________________________________

This was great FUN having everyone participating, and I'm so glad that you've joined in and followed along.

I would just love to know every part of your Balancing Stones Sculpture Writing Project -- the Stones you chose, see your Balancing Stones Sculpture print-out, take a look at your full Journal pages, and know the thoughts that you walk away with.  The comments section is open for you to post any thoughts, comments or questions.

Be sure keep up with what's going on here on the Blog -- simply click on "Follow by Email" in the top right hand column under my Eyeball (smiles).  If you are an Art Lover, an Artist, a Poet, an Aspiring Author or a Creative at heart, be sure to visit and join our exciting Google Community by clicking on the following link:  Artistic Minds®. 

Next up:  A Short Story that I wrote years back for a published Anthology which included a collection of awesome Authors from the once golden Gather Community.   For those Writers who love Short Stories, and those who are planning to write and publish a Short Story you'll enjoy the read!


Remember your Journal ~ See you back here!

Peace, Love & Light,

  René


©Copyright - René Allen - FEBRUARY - APRIL 2017 - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment